Guaranty Bank and Trust is a local community bank that has called Colorado home for over 60 years - we like to say we are a Colorado native.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Guaranty Bancorp (Nasdaq: GBNK), Guaranty Bank and Trust provides banking and other financial services, including real estate, construction, commercial and industrial, consumer and agriculture loans, to consumers and small to medium-sized businesses, including the owners and employees of those businesses.
In addition, Guaranty Bank offers a full-suite of private banking, investment management, and trust services.
The Guaranty Bank and Trust Timeline:
- 1955 - Guaranty Bank and Trust Company officially opens its doors for business as the first new commercial bank in the city of Denver in 46 years.
- 1992 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. is founded and commences operations in January 1993 with the acquisition of Farmers Bank and the Eaton Bank. The acquisition, led by William R. Farr, is financed by shareholders from Northern Colorado.
- 1999 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires a branch in Loveland.
- 2000 - Eaton Bank officially changes its name to Centennial Bank of the West.
- 2001 - Centennial acquires Berthoud National Bank and sells Farmers Bank allowing it to focus on commercial lending in the higher growth communities.
- July 2004 - a group of investors led by John M. Eggemeyer acquires Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. At the time of the acquisition, Centennial Bank of the West operates 12 branches located in Colorado's Northern Front Range.
- December 2004 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires Guaranty Bank and Trust, keeping the name Guaranty Bank and Trust.
- October 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires First Mainstreet Bank, N.A. and the five branches in the Northern Front Range of Colorado are merged into Centennial Bank of the West.
- October 3, 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. becomes a publicly-traded company, listed on NASDAQ.
- November 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires Foothills Bank and the three branches in the Denver metro area merge into Guaranty Bank and Trust Company.
- 2008 - Centennial Bank of the West merges into Guaranty Bank and Trust Company, with all branches operating under the name Guaranty Bank and Trust Company.
- September 2016 - Home State Bancorp, the holding company for Home State Bank merges into Guaranty Bancorp, the holding company for Guaranty Bank and Trust Company.