Guaranty Bank and Trust Company is a deeply rooted Colorado bank that provides sound financial solutions to customers through experienced, engaged and empowered employees.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Guaranty Bancorp (Nasdaq: GBNK), Guaranty Bank and Trust provides banking and other financial services, including real estate, construction, commercial and industrial, energy, consumer and agriculture loans, to consumers and small and medium-sized businesses, including the owners and employees of those businesses. Guaranty Bank also provides private banking and trust services, including personal trust administration, estate settlement, investment management accounts and self-directed IRAs.
- 1955 - Guaranty Bank and Trust Company officially opens its doors for business as the first new commercial bank in the city of Denver in 46 years.
- 1992 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. was founded and commenced operations in January 1993 with the acquisition of Farmers Bank and the Eaton Bank. The acquisition was led by William R. Farr and was financed by shareholders from Northern Colorado.
- 1999 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires a branch in Loveland
- 2000 - Eaton Bank officially changes its name to Centennial Bank of the West.
- 2001 - Centennial acquires Berthoud National Bank and sells Farmers Bank allowing it to focus on commercial lending in the higher growth communities
- July 2004 - a group of investors led by John M. Eggemeyer acquires Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. At the time of the acquisition, Centennial Bank of the West operated 12 branches located in Colorado’s Northern Front Range.
- December 2004 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires Guaranty Bank and Trust.
- October 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires First Mainstreet Bank, N.A. and the five branches in the Northern Front Range of Colorado were merged into Centennial Bank of the West.
- October 3, 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. became a publicly-traded company, listed on NASDAQ.
- November 2005 - Centennial Bank Holdings, Inc. acquires Foothills Bank and the three branches in the Denver metro area are merged into Guaranty Bank and Trust Company.
- 2008 - Centennial Bank of the West merged into Guaranty Bank and Trust Company, with all branches operating under the name Guaranty Bank and Trust Company.